Show Off a Completely Clean Smile
Water’s Edge Family Dentistry’s Dental Cleanings
What Happens During a Teeth Cleaning?
One of the best ways to prepare yourself for dental cleaning is understanding the process. Our teeth cleaning process includes:
- Physical Exam – Our dental hygienist will use a mirror to check your mouth for any signs of problems. If we detect any issues, we'll address them before proceeding with the cleaning.
- Remove Plaque and Tartar – We use a scaler to eliminate plaque and tartar buildup between the gum line and your teeth.
- Gritty Toothpaste – We brush your teeth with a special gritty toothpaste made to finely scrub your teeth.
- Flossing – A professional flossing enables us to reach deep between your teeth.
- Rinsing – We will rinse your mouth to eliminate any leftover plaque buildup
- Fluoride Treatment – A fluoride treatment is applied to help protect your teeth and fight cavities.
Deep Dental Cleaning Procedure
A deep dental cleaning, also called scaling and root planning, allows us to get beneath your gum line to remove tartar, buildup, and plaque. The main difference between a routine and deep dental cleaning is that we clean below the gum line during a deep dental cleaning procedure. Before the procedure, we often perform dental x-rays and an oral examination to determine if you have periodontitis and learn more about your oral health. We determine the infected areas of the gum where you may need deep dental treatments to boost your oral health.
How Often Do You Need a Dental Cleaning?
Routine dental cleaning is essential for your oral health. If you need deep dental cleaning, we will determine the severity to recommend a follow-up cleaning routine. The average suggestion for
routine dental cleanings is two cleanings per year. If a patient has severe gum disease, we recommend more frequent routine dental cleanings.
General Dentistry Services
Why Choose Waters Edge Family Dentistry?
Dr. Venancio Torres and the Waters Edge Family Dentistry team is passionate about oral health. We combine our extensive knowledge and experience to keep you healthy. We offer emergency, general, cosmetic, and restorative dentistry services for people of all ages. Our priority is to utilize the best dentistry services to provide the highest quality of oral health care.
Contact Waters Edge Family Dentistry Today
A routine dental cleaning procedure is one of the most important things you can do for your oral health. Our fast and effective dental cleaning services ensure you'll feel refreshed with a bright smile. We're always here to answer questions about general dentistry and our dental cleaning procedure. We want you to feel comfortable and at home in our dental chair. Contact us today.